Check your BMI (Body Mass Index)

To check your BMI (Body Mass Index) Click here!
"Aim for a healthy weight"

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

40 Day Challenge


As some of you may know, Lent began last week on Wednesday. For those of you who do not know, Lent is the season that represents the story of when Jesus spent 40 days in the desert. It is a time for reflection, sacrifice and spiritual growth. I haven't really touched much on spiritual health, but being a spiritual and faithful person, I find it essential to my overall well-being. My faith keeps me whole. Sometimes just taking 2 minutes to thank God, the universe or whatever you may send your thoughts of gratitude to, makes a huge difference on the quality of your day. 

Generally, to practice the act of sacrifice, people "give up" something for Lent. For example, some people might give up eating chocolate. Or many times someone might try to go above and beyond to do good deeds. Usually I never decide what I'm doing for Lent until halfway through and I feel like I don't get out of it all that I could. 

Today marks exactly 40 days until Easter. So to change my crummy Lent habits, I have decided that this season I shall complete a 40 day challenge that concentrates solely on my overall wellness. And, I've decided to encourage all of you to complete it with me! Even if you do not practice Lent, you can still challenge yourself to focus on your health! 

Here's how it works: each week, there will be a series of 7 tasks, one for each day. You can accomplish them in any order that you see fit! The tasks focus on all parts of being a whole individual: emotional balance, physical fitness, nutritious diet, the cultivation of one's spirit and a sense of mindfulness. 

Each Wednesday (beginning today) I will post the 7 tasks and I will record my progress from the previous week. I will also offer up some uplifting and motivational words to help you carry out the challenge. :) 

Let's start off strong with this week's undertakings! 

1. Do 20 push ups (they don't have to be all in a row, although why not try?!)
2. Go to school or work without makeup. (If you don't wear makeup, don't style your hair). Embrace your natural beauty.
3. Only drink water today! No coffee, no juice, no alcohol! Just good old H2O. 
4. Go on a social outing and enjoy the good company of others.
5. Go on a walk or a bike ride around your community (or if it's too cold, perhaps the bike at the gym will do)!
6. FLOSS! Twice today!!
7. Give a stranger a genuine compliment. Say it out loud to their face. :)

Keep checking back each week for a new set of prosperous projects! Feel free to tell us about your progress with the challenge in the comments below! 

Peace and love to all. Go get 'em, tiger!
Elsie <3


No comments:

Post a Comment