Check your BMI (Body Mass Index)

To check your BMI (Body Mass Index) Click here!
"Aim for a healthy weight"

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

40 Day Challenge: Week 3 Success!


Hello, friends!
I am in a wonderful mood. I felt like I truly prospered this week. :)  

I realized that if you make a commitment to yourself and then follow through with that commitment, it can be one of the most glorious rewards. After a not so successful week 2, I needed to find a new focus.

The first task I chose was to moisturize my skin. Since it's been so hot lately, the sun has been drying it out. I even got a tad burnt. I used Aloe Vera to soothe the burn and to moisturize. I have an Aloe plant that I keep on my balcony. It is no trouble at all to take care of because it barely requires any water. It's practically a camel. And when my skin gets scorched, it always has my back :) I also put a bit of coconut oil on my skin to moisturize. I have one jar for cooking purposes and I also keep a separate jar for a moisturizer!

On Thursday, I took only the stairs at school. I also brought an apple for a snack at school to accomplish task number 1. Over the weekend I went to the beach. I actually decided to perform my meditation in the water. I knelt in the water and closed my eyes. I focused all my energy on maintaining balance, physically and mentally. I concentrated on not allowing the water to overpower me and knock me off my center of gravity. I also dedicated my meditation to the idea of a balanced lifestyle. It was enlightening. As I previously stated last week, water always helps me discover my inner peace.

Over the weekend, my roommate made brownies. I had already decided that my task for the day would be to limit my serving of sweets. I experienced a fleeting moment when I almost changed the task so I could savor multiple servings of the delectable brownies. Buuuut, I stayed strong. I only had 2 bite-sized portions during the day. 

I accomplished my last 2 tasks yesterday. I called up my aunt who had recently moved up north. Unfortunately, she did not answer, but I left her a nice voice mail. After dinner last night, I looked up a Youtube video for beginners yoga. Yoga has become a new interest of mine and I would like to explore what it could offer to my health. I really liked the video I found! It was a great way to end my night. I suggest looking up Yoga with Adriene!! She has plenty of videos for different styles and levels of practice. This was a solid way to end my week. 

The 7 prosperous projects for week 4 are...
1.  Make a commitment to not eat any fast food today.
2. DANCE!!!
3. Soak up some vitamin D from the sun!
4. Do 25 squats.
5. Sleep naked! It's healthy because it airs out your skin & it can boost your body image.
6. Apply a facial mask for your skin using only natural ingredients (perhaps honey, oatmeal or avocados).
7. Make a cleaning To Do list. Do your best to remove the clutter from your life. 

Keep on keepin' on! 
Stay golden,
Elsie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment