Check your BMI (Body Mass Index)

To check your BMI (Body Mass Index) Click here!
"Aim for a healthy weight"

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Finishing Up the 40 Day Challenge

I am proud to announce that I accomplished all 7 tasks for last week! At the beginning of the week, I decided to write. I could think of a million others things that I could have been doing, but I decided to treat myself and indulge in my hobby. I don't get much time to just write for pleasure, generally it's for school, so it was nice to do it just for my own benefit.

One night for dinner, I passed up the juicy pork chops anxiously waiting to be eaten and ate some flounder instead. Over the weekend, I went kayaking with my friends and basked in the sun like a reptile. I got to exercise, enjoy the company of beloved friends and I got to experience nature. It was a win, win, win!

Last night, I went on a jog through my school campus. I left my house right around sunset. Pink and orange painted a breath-taking sunset in the sky, the perfect setting for an evening run. I hate running. However, last night I didn't mind it as much as I normally would. Perhaps the Trix Yogurt sunset had something to do with it. It honestly felt good to run. I felt proud of how well I did. After I got home, I sat on my balcony for a moment to calm my heart rate. I turned off my blaring headphones and decided to just listen (task 2). I shut my eyes and listened for anything. I wished for a sign of comfort or just something or someone to tell me that I was doing alright. I opened my eyes and looked up to discover a single luminous star that shined proudly in the vacant sky. That was it. That was the sign. Sometimes just opening your ears can bring so much clarity to your life.

I ensured that I got at least 8 precious hours of sleep most nights of the week. I also remembered to thank myself. It felt nice to be appreciative of all that I do. If no one else shows you appreciation, it's comforting to know that you can show it to yourself. :)

Here are the final prosperous projects for the 40 Day Challenge: 
1. Actually read something substantial like a book. Not Cosmo or Twitter (Though I love both).
2. Walk instead of drive for short distances.
3. Lift some weights.
4. Eat a vegetable that you've never eaten (or at least haven't eaten in awhile).
5. Listen to some good music; let it inspire you! Or maybe just use it to relax while studying.

Well, the 40 day challenge is coming to a close. I only have 4 more days until Easter Sunday. Time for the home stretch. Let's finish up strong! :)

Peace & Prosperity,
Elsie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment