Check your BMI (Body Mass Index)

To check your BMI (Body Mass Index) Click here!
"Aim for a healthy weight"

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

40 Day Challenge: Week 4

(Side note: ^ Aren't these Easter eggs so adorable?? :)

If this challenge has taught me anything, it's that taking a 40 day health challenge is damn difficult!
To be honest, I really did not expect to struggle with this. I thought it would be a great way to take some time to focus on my health. I thought I would complete every task each week. But as you all have read, that has not always been the case. 

I accomplished 5 out of 7 this week which isn't bad, but it's still not completely successful. The first night, I wore my birthday suit to bed. It really was liberating and I slept soundly the whole night. 
The next night, I completed the first task (Make a commitment to not eating fast food), but in a slightly different way than you might imagine. That night I reeeeeally didn't feel like cooking dinner. I just wanted to grab something and go back to studying. However, I knew if I did that, whatever I grabbed would not be a nutritious meal. So I decided to make a commitment to not eating "fast food" and to instead, take the time to cook a wholesome dinner. I ended up making Stuffed Peppers (a recipe I have written about previously)! 

Over the weekend, I celebrated my 21st birthday! Happy Birthday to me :) I was out of town; my older sister, my cousins and I went to visit my younger sister and we all spent a wonderful girls weekend together. Naturally, we went out and danced! So I was able to accomplish that project for the week. And to absorb some Vitamin D, I also spent some time in the sun over the weekend. 

Finally, I did my 25 squats before I showered last night. My leg muscles could tell that I haven't been to the gym for a while. I felt the burn and decided that I needed to make a change. I am going to try to get back into a routine in which I exercise and stay active at least 3-4 days a week! 

The 7 for this week are...
1.  Go to bed early and get the full 8 hours of precious sleep!
2. Listen. Stop talking. Use your ears instead of your mouth. 
3. Try to eat fish instead of red meat or poultry.
4. Experience and enjoy nature. Bask in its glory! (Plant something. Or just go to the beach and listen to the waves)
5. Indulge in your hobby for a while today & don't feel guilty. Even if "you have other things to do!"
6. Go on a run or jog (Even though you may hate it, like I do). Do it just because your body will praise you for it later.
7. Thank yourself for all that you do. Show yourself some appreciation :)

This is our final full week before Easter comes along. We have to kill it this week! Let's embrace Nike's motto and "Just DO it".

Peace & Prosperity,
Elsie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment