Check your BMI (Body Mass Index)

To check your BMI (Body Mass Index) Click here!
"Aim for a healthy weight"

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

40 Day Challenge: 1st Week Down!

Alright last week started out well, but then progressively got harder. I chose to do 20 push-ups the first day. I thought, "Easy peasy lemon squeezy". Push-ups happen to be my strong suit, so I don't mind doing them. In fact, I like doing them! I even used them as motivation to do well on my exam the following day. I used them to pump up, literally and figuratively!

When I do a set of push-ups, I usually come up with a sentence or phrase that I say while doing them. I did two sets of 10. During each push-up, I said one word of my 10-word sentence which was as follows: "We are going to get A's on our tests tomorrow!" I did them with my roommate who is also participating in the challenge. We both happened to have exams the next day! And you know what? The pump up worked! I got a 92 on my exam the next day! :)


It's funny because the things I thought would be easy, proved to be the toughest! Thursday, I chose not to wear makeup to school. Seeing as how it was my last day before Spring Break, I was kind of forced to do it that day.I thought this should be easy. I don't have to wake up as early to get ready. I can sleep in. Though, it didn't end up being so simple. I'm not going to lie; I considered not doing it. Normally, I wouldn't mind going Oh naturaaaal. However, for some reason, my face decided to become break out central that day!! I contemplated about how unethical it would be if I abandoned my own challenge. I deemed it pretty unethical and cowardly. So, I put my big girl panties on and did it! It was a freeing and empowering experience to finally decide not to fret over something as petty as a pimple on my cheek. 


I flossed the next day. Though, I must admit, I only flossed once. So I would say that I was semi successful that day. The following day I killed 3 birds with one stone. (I hate that expression but it's the best way to say it I guess). My dad asked me to pick up a few things at Publix, so my friend and I took the opportunity to go on an enjoyable bike ride instead of driving. That night I also met up with some old friends and relished a lovely "social outing". 


While shopping at Publix, I complimented a woman's tattoo. I didn't do it to fulfill my task; I just really liked her ink. It was stunning. But I thought, "Does that count? Was that a genuine compliment?" I felt like saying "I like your shirt" or something similar was a cop out. Is saying you like someone's clothing or jewelry or tattoo really a compliment? I decided that it wasn't good enough. That night at Waffle House with my friends, I was still thinking about number 7 for the week. (*Also, I know Waffle House doesn't qualify as healthy. But a girl deserves a cheat meal every once in a while!) Our waitress seemed sad. She must have been having a rough night. She kept asking if "we needed anything else". I wanted to ask her the same question. I felt like she was in dire need of a pick-me-up. So I decided that I would tweak the "compliment" a bit. To end the 7th task, I gave her a hefty $5 tip on a $2 bill. I hope that she took it as my compliment. I hope that it provided a small boost for the rest of her night. She flashed me a genuine smile as I walked out the door. :)


Alright folks, enough with my progress. I hope you all are keeping health on your priority list and taking the time to complete your 7! Here are the 7 prosperous projects for this week:


1. Play outside! (*If the weather doesn't allow for it, play a game of some sort at the gym! Racquetball or basketball perhaps?)

2. Spend 15 minutes in prayer or just send out good vibes to the universe. Nurture your spirituality.  
3. Do 30 crunches
4. Write down 10 positive things about yourself or better yet, tell yourself in the mirror!
5. Stretch when you wake up and before you go to sleep
6. Eat a wholesome breakfast! Don't skip it this morning! I suggest a hardy oatmeal or Greek yogurt with berries and granola
7. Disconnect for a whole day. Don't check ANY social media...that includes snap chat!

You can do this! Keep focusing on your health. Accept the challenge & conquer it with flying colors!


Stay whole and keep up the good work my friends.

Elsie <3



No comments:

Post a Comment