Check your BMI (Body Mass Index)

To check your BMI (Body Mass Index) Click here!
"Aim for a healthy weight"

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

40 Day Challenge: Week 2 Blues

I am not proud to admit that my progress was less than exemplary last week. I have already hit a lull in the challenge. I'm going to call it the Week 2 Blues. Perhaps I can accredit my laziness with the challenge to the fact that I was on Spring Break. However, that should not be an excuse.

I went on a camping trip over the weekend so I was able to play outside. I also took my 15 minutes to pray and cultivate my spiritual self. I sat by the water of the spring at the state park I visited and just spent some valued time with the Lord. It was incredibly soothing. Being by the water really added to my peaceful state. Every time that I am surrounded by water, perhaps at the beach or by the river, I genuinely feel the graceful presence of God. 

This morning I made sure not to skip out on breakfast. I devoured a bowl of oatmeal and a piece of whole grain toast with peanut butter and honey before I rushed off to class. Today I also did the 30 crunches. I did the positive things exercise and stretched before heading off to sleep. 

Since I neglected to fulfill a task each day last week, I ended up doing 4 today, all last minute. I didn't perform the tasks to the fullest of my ability. I was not concentrated enough on my challenge to ensure that I accomplished each project. I did not disconnect from social media for a day during last week (task #7). But I have decided to not throw the task away, but to do it tomorrow, along with a new task of week 3. It is too easy to let the events of daily life get in the way of your goals.

I don't know how I suddenly lost my motivation. However, I plan to transform my attitude! This is supposed to be a challenge and I have not been rising to the occasion. Week 3 will see a new focus! I truly hope that you all have been doing better than I have. Honestly, I feel ashamed. 

Though, I will not allow myself to already feel defeated. If you are unsatisfied with yourself, decide to make a change and then take the necessary steps. This week I commit to performing all 7 tasks. I will execute them with gumption and with an improved attitude!

I have realized that failure does not always have to be taken negatively. I simply have room for improvement. I'm sure we all have room to better ourselves. So I say, let's do this together! Let's succeed with the next 7!

Week 2's prosperous projects are as follows:

1. Eat fruit for a snack instead of junk food
2. Moisturize your skin! (*Try to use a natural oil like tea tree oil or coconut oil)
3. Call up a loved one you haven't spoken to in a while. 
4. Look up a YouTube video for a fitness class you've always wanted to take! (Perhaps Yoga, Zumba or Pilates)
5. Only allow yourself to eat 1 serving of sweets today (i.e. only 2 cookies instead of 8).
6. Meditate for 20 minutes. Go to your happy place and focus all of your energy on it.
7. Only take the stairs today! No elevators!


Week 3 will see a new me! I am determined! We got this in the bag, guys!

Keep it real.
Elsie <3



No comments:

Post a Comment